We are proud to have an active and friendly membership approaching 700.
Our gent’s, ladies and junior sections offer a full competition fixtures schedule and knockout tournaments exclusively for our full members of all standards to enjoy. In addition to this schedule, we organise several mixed friendly golf days throughout the year in a medley of formats and monthly mixed foursomes competitions which are all very well supported. There are also many widely recognised prestigious interclub competitions played throughout Norfolk and Suffolk where members of differing abilities are selected to represent the club. As well as the golf we have a thriving bridge section, separate games room and television lounge.
If you are looking for great nights out, our vibrant social calendar and regular themed evenings offer lots of opportunities to socialise.
Remember you don’t have to be a member to come and look around and see our facilities or play the course. The best time to get a real feel for the club is undoubtedly at the weekends. The Club Professional and his team are in the shop all weekend for a casual chat to plan your golf membership Just call in and see what the club has to offer.
We have recently tailored our fees structure below to accommodate a range of membership options and monthly payment plans which are all available for a limited period with no joining fee. Applications for membership are accepted by invitation from existing members or if you don’t know anyone at Gorleston then please write directly to the Club.
|Category||Annually Subscription||Joining Fee|
|7-Day Member||£795||Currently Waived|
|Adult 33 - 40||£633.75||Currently Waived|
|Adult 25 - 32||£472.50||Currently Waived|
|Adult 18 - 24||£311.25||Currently Waived|
|Junior 16 - 17||£150||Currently Waived|
|Junior 15||£80||Currently Waived|
|Country Member||£495||Currently Waived|
The aim of the Adult Academy is to help new golfers to improve, in all aspects of the game but use the academy membership as a stepping stone pathway to becoming a full member at Gorleston Golf Club. The Academy membership is aimed at new golfers, and those following on from the Get into Golf Programme, run by the clubs 2 PGA Professionals Duncan Abbott and Oli Cribb. Academy membership involves more individual coaching and more time on the main golf course and is for those new golfers coming to the stage of learning where they want to play more regularly but continue to learn under the watchful eye of our Professional team.
The Academy is for a maximum of six months duration with fast improvers encouraged to up-grade to full membership of Gorleston Golf Club as soon as they are ready. Each participant can only use the membership once to encourage the golfers taking part to then ‘up-grade’ membership to a full membership unless teaching professional feels that they may need to stay at the academy stage of membership to become better equipped as a golfer. The Academy will be overseen by Club PGA Professionals Duncan Abbott and Oli Cribb.
The Academy fee is £255 for the six months and would entitle to the following:
• 6 x 1 hour lessons on course playing lessons/practice ground sessions with Duncan or Oli, learning etiquette, rules, course management and technique.
• Unlimited use of Gorleston Golf Club’s 9 hole Academy Course, practice and clubhouse facilities.
• Regular academy competitions on the practice ground to give the academy members more knowledge on how to mark the score for when become full members and want to enter competitions.
• 14 x 9 holes of golf on the main course, off the Blue Academy Tees (you may progress to the full course tees once Duncan or Oli has approved). These rounds can be played any time after 12pm providing the first tee is not booked (consult Duncan or Oli to find suitable times). As part of your 14 rounds of golf, group games will also be organised with other Academy Members as well as Full Gorleston Golf Club Members to help with social participation and integration in to the club.
• £10.00 credit on discount bar card.
Joining Gorleston Golf Clubs Academy does not entitle the member to play in Gorleston Golf Club competitions, sign in guests or to vote in Club meetings.